This is a joint project of Polish and Norwegian organizations actively working with seniors, funded from EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 Education Programme. NOVA Foundation from Poland and from Bjerkaker Learning Lab from Norway have joint their forces and are working together on improving and developing educational experience for seniors. EduSenior is the educational project which aims to improve quality of the senior education conducted at the neighborhood houses in Poland, particularly in the the Tri-City (Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot). The mail goals of the project are to analyze the best practices of senior education in Poland and Norway, to develop and implement innovative methods and tools used at senior education, in particular the ”study circles”.
Main activities & results :
- Learning Mobility in Norway – planned for 10 educators representing Neighborhood Houses in Poland
- MOB1– JOBSHADOWING in Norwegian senior education institutions
- MOB2 – TRAINING – POWER OF THE STUDY CIRCLE
- Developing Educational materials:
- Good Practices Catalogue – catalogue of good examples in senior education in PL and NO
- Guide for Senior Educators – guide on innovative methods and tools of senior education including study circles
- Testing and implementing educational method ”study circles” (in 3 neighborhood houses)
- EduSenior seminar – Gdansk, Poland – dissemination event
Project duration: 01.01.2022 till 31.12.2023
About Project Partners:
- NOVA Foundation (Project Leader) fundacjanova.org.pl
NOVA’s main subjects of activity are education and promotion of the lifelong learning idea as well as activation of local communities. We run a community Center, called Chelm Neighborhood Energy Incubator. The offer of the neighborhood house includes non-vocational education aimed at the local inhabitants and other non-educational support, e.g. psychological, counseling, telecare services, organization of local cultural and integration events (picnics, festivals, flea market, etc.). The activities are targeted at adults, children and youth living in the revitalized district. Our biggest share of participants are seniors.
- Bjerkaker Learning Lab (Project Partner) bjerkakerlearninglab.no
BLL has got extensive experience in adult education and participated in multiple projects on various subjects. BLL has recently participated in the “ProAge – Active Aging” and “Quality Life 50+” projects, which are the most relevant to this project. Founder of BLL Sturla Bjerkaker is experienced Adult Educator and author of multiple publications.
SENIOR EDUCATION INTEGRATION ACTIVATION CATALOG
The Good Practice Catalogue is a catalog of innovative projects and educational activities carried out for the benefit of seniors by neighborhood houses, associations, cultural centers, and sports centers in Poland and Norway, which may become an inspiraƟon for other institutions wishing to actively participate in local life and create among seniors an attitude of activity, including cultural, sporting, IT and openness to new ideas. We have collected examples both in Poland and Norway. We visited many of the institutions described in the catalog during the EduSenior project, which is why the catalog also contains our opinions and recommendations about them. We encourage you to read the catalog and look for further good examples of effective work and education of seniors in dimensions on your own.